Код товара 104426
An Introduction to Western Medical Acupuncture
Код товара 104426
Доставка под заказ
Если Вы закажете книгу до 29.10.2023, то мы привезём её ориентировочно 06.12.2023.
226 x 160 x 14
О чём книга?
Now in its 2nd edition, An Introduction to Western Medical Acupuncture provides a broad evidence-based approach to acupuncture when used as part of modern medicine. Illustrated throughout it gives the practitioner an essential guide for deciding where and how to treat conditions with acupuncture, and how to avoid known risks associated with it. Ultimately it provides the practitioner with a tool to develop safe and effective practice. For this edition the text has been revised, updated and extensively re-written. A new chapter brings together the understanding of how pain is recognised by the nervous system, and how acupuncture can influence these pathways. This is followed by six chapters providing detailed explanations of the effects and mechanisms of acupuncture, organised according to three recognised treatment approaches - needling to produce local changes, to generate effects at the level of the spinal segment, and to modify the overall function of the nervous system. The chapters on the evidence from research have been also updated.
- An explanation of the various mechanisms of acupuncture linked to how they can best be activated by needling.
- Learn the principles of treatment rather than any 'cook-book' approach.
- Clear and objective discussion of the evidence for the effectiveness and the risks of acupuncture.
- Thorough and detailed description of all aspects of clinical practice.
- Reference section for quickly reminding the practitioner of the best approach to treating many problems.