Код товара 129840
Nursing & healthcare ethics
Код товара 129840
Доставка под заказ
Если Вы закажете книгу до 28.09.2023, то мы привезём её ориентировочно 02.11.2023.
Robinson, Simon (rev Professor Of Applied And Professional Ethics, Leeds Business School, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds, Uk) Doody, Owen (senior Lec
151 x 228 x 24
О чём книга?
Now in its sixth edition, this highly popular text covers the range of ethical issues affecting nurses and other healthcare professionals. Authors Simon Robinson and Owen Doody take a holistic and practical approach, focused in the dialogue of ethical decision making and how this connects professional, leadership and governance ethics in the modern healthcare environment. This focuses on the responsibility of professionals and leaders, and the importance of shared responsibility in the practice of healthcare.
With a foreword by the eminent medical ethicist Alastair Campbell, the revised edition includes contemporary topics, such as the duty of candour, recent cases, such as the Mid Staffs scandal, and ethical perspectives on vulnerable groups, such as; persons with intellectual/learning disability, dementia and those with an enduring mental illness. It builds on professional identity and personal development as part of ongoing learning, individual and organizational, and provides interactive ways that helps the reader to develop reflective ethical practice. This text aims to enable ethical engagement with the ever changing healthcare environment, and is a must-have for anyone serious about ethics in healthcare.
- Holistic and practice relevant approach
- New perspectives on vulnerable groups, such as persons with intellectual/learning disability, dementia and those with an enduring mental illness
- Descriptive (including moral psychology) as well as normative ethical theory
- Promoting dialogue and engagement with practice, practitioners, patients and families
- Development of professional ethical skills
- Connecting professional ethics to leadership, governance and social ethics
- Highly accessible format
- Case studies/Scenarios presented within chapters and pause for thought exercises to promote dialogue and engagement
- Suitable for pre/post registration nurses, students, health care professionals